Come join us for Summer Reading 2017 –
June 1, 2017 – August 31, 2017
This year’s summer reading theme, Build a Better World, encourages us to look at our homes, communities, and the world. What does it take to “Build a Better World?” It all depends on where we live and how we look at the world. Maybe it’s as simple as learning how to repair little things around the house, contributing to a local food drive, or being an armchair traveler and discovering the wonders of the United States – or of the world.
We will be holding prize drawings each month (June-August) with a final grand prize drawing on September 1 to wrap up the program. Participants can enter their names in the drawings by completing any of the following activities:
- Reading BINGO – books, ebooks, audiobooks
- Build a Better World Quiz Sheets
- Book Reviews – from the library’s collection (physical or digital).
- Review should be a minimum of three sentences. Give your review to a librarian to receive a ticket. You may review as many books as you like during the summer to earn additional tickets! The library may choose to post your review on a library social media site.
- Architectural Scavenger Hunt – Online or at the Library
- Armchair Traveler Series – Online