Board of Trustees
The Cimarron City Library is governed by a Library Board of Trustees appointed by the Mayor of the City of Cimarron and approved by the City Council. The Board consists of eight members who act cooperatively to oversee Library operations, finances, polices, and continuing development of the library. Board members serve four-year terms and must reside within city limits.
Library Board meetings are held on the third Monday of every month at noon at the library. You are invited to attend.
Joel Krosshell – President
Sandi Coast – Vice President
Lynn Hewes – Secretary/Treasurer
Gilbert Benton – City of Cimarron, Mayor
Responsibilities of the Board of Trustees include:
- selecting and hiring a qualified Library Director
- ensuring that the Library has funds and a budget
- developing (with the Library Director) written policies, long and short range plans, and wage classifications
- knowing local, state, and federal laws that pertain to libraries
- attending monthly board meetings and other events