The mission of the Friends of the Cimarron City Library, established in 2018 by the Library Board of Directors, is a 501(c)3 organization that is intended to enhance the Cimarron City Library, established in 1934, so that it may fulfill its literary, educational, technological, community, and cultural purposes. The vision of the Friends of the Cimarron City Library is a thriving and sustainable library accessible to all.
The values held by the Friends of the Cimarron City Library are:
· Respect for the diversity of our library communities.
· Empowerment of our members and library supporters.
· Resourcefulness and Creativity for designing new approaches and solutions for issues facing our libraries.
· Community by building the social fabric interconnecting various groups and communities.
· Ethics and Integrity by adhering to the highest standards of operations and accountability.
The purpose of The Friends of the Cimarron City Library is to support the Cimarron City Library in their effort to provide the widest and best possible service to all the citizens of the City of Cimarron and Gray County. The Corporation is empowered to conduct fund raising events, such as book sales, to provide financial support to the library system. It is a 501 (c) (3) organization, thus all donations to the Friends of the Cimarron City Library are tax deductible.
Join the Friends of the Cimarron City Library – Coming Soon!